moth moved within one win of a second-straigh

moth moved within one win of a second-straigh

帖子dasg234 » 周二 12月 26, 2017 12:38 pm

Less than a month ago Manchester City were considered Premier League Champions-elect. Now they are a club reported to be in crisis.The reality, of course, is somewhere in between.The Citizens look to achieve something positive Sunday against Southampton at the Etihad.Pep Guardiolas Man City revolution started well -- admittedly aided by a preferable run of fixtures -- but has been pegged back during a difficult four-game stretch that has included Premier League dropped points against the dangerous Everton and Tottenham Hotspur.A Champions League draw at Celtic started Citys (6-1-1) current slide in form, but Wednesdays 4-0 defeat to Guardiolas former club Barcelona in the same competition was the low point of a start to the season that has nevertheless left City top of the league and still in a strong position to reach the European knockout stages.Question marks over the suitability of Guardiolas style for City were raised since the Barca loss, but the coach insists he will stick to his guns and gave the reporters who raised the issue short shrift.No, Im not going to change -- (if) its not going well in the future, if next season isnt going well in that way, then I will go home to Spain, Guardiola said. I have thought about (an alternative style), yeah. But the solution is not better than what I believe so I cannot.Do you know why as well? Because in seven years I won 21 titles. Im sorry guys. I won 21 titles in seven years. So its three titles per year playing in that way.But you believe I arrive here and in three months everything is going well and Im going to win in the Camp Nou 4-0, that Im going to dominate against (Lionel) Messi, Luis Suarez and Neymar is going to create nothing, and (Andres) Iniesta isnt going to play good -- no. Im good, but its not enough.Guardiola will be looking for an immediate response from his team against Southampton (3-3-2), but the visitors will have a fire in their belly too after a disappointing European result of their own. Claude Puels Saints completely outplayed Inter Milan in the Europa League on Thursday, only to lose 1-0 after conceding with the hosts only shot on target.Its very tough -- I think we were the team who deserved the most obviously and to concede a goal from their only chance was frustrating, said central defender Virgil van Dijk, who saw a great chance saved late on. We should have buried the game in the first half and there was only one team who deserved the win, but that is what happens if you dont score your chances.I had a big chance with my left foot and I was unlucky, but we should have already finished the game. Now we need to move on and be ready for Manchester City.Van Dijk could be reunited with full-backs Ryan Bertrand and Matty Targett, both of whom missed the game in Milan, but the Saints have doubts over key creative player Nathan Redmond. Striker Shane Long is out with a hamstring problem he picked up at the San Siro.City are missing Bacary Sagna and Fabien Delph due to injury, while Pablo Zabaleta is a doubt.The south-coast club have lost on each of their last five trips to the Etihad and have been beaten in four straight, home and away, but the Citizens. Seth Joyner Jersey . Lack made 20 saves for his third shutout of the season as the Canucks blanked the St. Louis Blues 1-0 in the first post-Olympic game for both teams night. Alshon Jeffery Jersey . Arsenal failed to take full advantage of its main rivals stumbles on Saturday as substitute Gerard Deulofeu levelled with a hard shot from a tight angle in the 84th minute to give Everton a deserved point. Ahead of a crucial fortnight that will see them play against Napoli in the Champions League, Manchester City and Chelsea, Arsenal leads by five points ahead of Liverpool and Chelsea. http://www.authenticeaglesfootballonline.com/c-15-eagles-brandon-graham-jersey.aspx .Y. -- Knicks coach Mike Woodson said Wednesday that J. Mychal Kendricks Jersey . Following a lopsided 5-2 loss against the New Jersey Devils on Wednesday night, Paul MacLean told reporters that "theres a lack of focus, theres a lack of leadership and theres a lack of preparation" with his struggling team. That came on the heels of Bryan Murray taking the unusual step of going into the locker room at the Prudential Center and addressing the players himself. Jason Peters Jersey . - Blake Griffin had 30 points and 12 rebounds, J. RIO DE JANEIRO -- When Beijing gold medalist Phil Dalhausser teamed up with Nick Lucena less than one year ago for a longshot run at the Olympics, it was more out of friendship -- and a lack of alternatives -- than anything else.Dalhausser was coming off two straight seasons with injuries. Lucena had never been to the Olympics, struggling to find a partnership that worked.We were playing with the houses money, Dalhausser said Monday after losing in three sets to Brazilian world champions Alison and Bruno in the quarterfinals on Copacabana beach.Its been a lot of fun, Dalhausser added. I couldnt have done it without him. I wouldnt have wanted to do it with anyone else.At 6-foot-9 and already an Olympic champion, Dalhausser is one of the most feared players in the sport. He won his gold medal with Todd Rogers in 2008, and the pair returned to the London Games, finishing ninth.But last August, already a year into the two-year qualification cycle, his partnership with two-time Olympian Sean Rosenthal had stalled -- in part because of Dalhaussers abdominal and calf injuries. So he went back to Lucena, his partner for a couple of dozen events when they were first starting out.Im pretty fortunate to play with him, Lucena said after the 21-14, 12-21, 15-9 loss to Brazil left them in fifth place. Hes one of the best players in the world. I wanted to win this for him.Lucena and Dalhausser first teamed up in 2003, a time when they were travelling all night to play in domestic tournaments and sleeping on the beach outside the gates to save money. After they split in 2005, Lucena played with four different partners that year; Dalhausser went on to become a world and Olympic champion.But Dalhaussers injuries left him with little chance of making it back to the Olympics -- or so he thought.Nobody gave us a chance to qualify, he has repeated often.I gave us a chance, Lucena interrupteed playfully, just hours after their Olympic elimination.dddddddddddd. I dont know what hes talking about.The two played their way to No. 3 in the international standings and a spot on Copacabana beach with a whirlwind of 13 tournaments in 12 months -- just one event above the minimum. They cruised through Olympic pool play with a 3-0 record.And that was the problem.When Alison and Bruno lost in the preliminary round, they wound up second in their group. The blind draw lined them up with the Americans in the quarterfinals in a match that could have easily been the final.In the second quarterfinal match, the Dutch team of Alexander Brouwer and Robert Meeuwsen advanced with a 25-23, 21-17 victory over countrymen Reinder Nummerdor and Christiaan Varenhorst.Fans waving Brazilian flags had to struggle to hold onto them in a stiff breeze that began just as play began on Monday. The Brazil and Olympic flags on the poles ringing the top of the stadium came partially loose and fluttered wildly while the poles shook in the wind.Trash swirled around the arena.The Brazilians dominated the first set against the United States and then -- just as decisively -- struggled in the second. The Americans fell behind 12-6 in the third, and then the 6-foot-8 Alison and the crowd took over.With a block to force match point and then a spike off Dalhausser for the winner, the man known as the Mammoth moved within one win of a second-straight Olympic medal.The fifth-place finish, combined with the 19th-place finish by Jake Gibb and Casey Patterson, ties with Athens for the worst finish by the U.S. men in an Olympics.I have learned so much from the Americans. They are good friends outside of the court, Alison said. Theres respect for them, and they must be celebrated. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
dasg234
拔节期

帖子: 105
注册: 周六 10月 28, 2017 10:01 pm

回到 交流互动

在线用户

正在浏览此版面的用户:没有注册用户 和 1 位游客